Pageviews past week

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Dow lost 16 points on light volume. Advance/declines were negative. Not much action today but we were up around 50 at one point. I'm sitting tight for now but if the opportunity presents itself, I'll get some OEX puts. Gold didn't do much today even though the dollar fell again. The XAU was up a quarter. I'll be looking to short the gold stocks here. We are overbought and have stayed there long enough. ABX was down 30 cents today on light volume and we could be building a top here for the short term. NEM was up a touch. GE was higher by 40 cents on good volume. GE is at times a proxy for the overall market and todays prices bode well for the bullish case going forward. That's a reason to wait a bit longer on buying the puts on the OEX. I will most likely do it if we get close to 700. But we'll see. It could just be a continued move to the upside. Mentally I'm OK. I'm trying my best not to force things here as we are running out of time for September. I'm thinking we will perhaps sell off on the Fed announcement but that is a guess at this point. We'll have to see how the technicals look when we get there. Anything could happen really. The summation index is still pointing higher and it is hard to contradict that fact. So it's a waiting game for a decent signal. There hasn't been any mention of sub-prime for a while. We also touched $80 for a barrel of oil today but it didn't do anything to the market. So maybe it's just up and away from this point. Doubtful, but you never know.

No comments: