Pageviews past week

Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Dow lost 48 points on average volume. Advance/declines were 2 to 1 negative. It was a steady, slow moving decline for most of the day. Not the type of decline to trade this late in the option cycle. The market needed to have some weakness and we got it. I think you can buy the dips at this point. We will see new highs in the coming weeks in my opinion. But you never know. Gold continues to be the story and what a story it is. Up again today over $10. The XAU rose another 6 points. ABX was up $2 on very heavy volume. This issue has risen over 33% in 4 weeks! I would have never expected a move like that. NEM was up on heavy volume. The dollar broke to fresh new lows. At some point gold will take a rest but who knows when that may occur? We are so overbought that I really haven't seen anything like this recently. I'd love to short it here but we'll see. The momentum is parabolic at the moment. That never ends well but you can't fight the fact that the price just continues higher. GE was down a quarter on average volume. I think this stock will only be going up from here and will look to the calls on any pullback. Mentally I'm tired as I didn't get a good nights sleep. I don't have any solid ideas at the moment and the charts are not providing me any clues right now. I do think that getting long is the only way to go here, since the Fed just gave the OK for cheap money. You really don't want to fight that. Plus the seasonal effects should start to kick in for the bullish case. It won't be straight up, like it is in gold at the moment. But over time prices should trend higher. That's my guess...

No comments: