Pageviews past week

Friday, September 21, 2007

The Dow gained 53 points today on better then average volume. Advance/declines were positive. We were up 100 at one point. Options have expired and we are rolling into the next month. The trend is up and I'll be looking to OEX calls at some point. Gold was little changed today and the XAU shed half a point. We are due for a rest here. I have an open order for ABX puts. We are above previous overbought areas that led to declines. ABX lost about 90 cents today on good volume. The problem is that the options have a ton of premium in them due to the length of time before expiration and the recent volatility. We'll see what happens. The dollar has broken down here and there hasn't been a bottom put in yet but I feel that the gold shares will be taking a rest before going higher. That's my guess at this point. GE was unchanged on good volume. The chart is toppy here but I am not looking to get short. I will be looking at the calls on any pullback. Longer term I do think this issue has upside potential barring any negative overall market surprises. Mentally I'm doing OK, although my ideas lately haven't been correct. The plus side is that I never took any positions on them so at least I didn't lose any money. It's not easy to be patient and sit on the sidelines but sometimes it's what you have to do. There are always other trades. I will go over things over the weekend and start again on Monday.

No comments: