Pageviews past week

Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Dow rose 133 points today on average volume. Advance/declines were positive but not like what you would expect for a market up 133 points. The OEX is at 695 and almost ready to take out the recent highs there. I would like to get some puts at 700 but we'll see. If we end up positive tomorrow there could be a legitimate sell signal. But it's hard to buck the trend and the trend is up. This is also a very strong week so far. Gold was off $3 today while the XAU was up 1 3/4. FCX had a stellar day in that index. Both ABX and NEM were down fractionally on light volume. My guess is that we could go higher here but the end of this leg is near. The gold shares could be ready to roll over for a couple weeks here. But I could be wrong. My guess is a sell-off after the Fed announcement. GE had another great day, up 85 cents on good volume. That bodes well for the overall market. We are overbought there though so a pullback in GE would not be a surprise. But it looks like all systems are go for higher prices at the moment. So why would I be looking at the puts? The market will do what it has to. If things look too bullish, a reversal could be in the offing. I think we will sell off after the Fed announcement. That's my guess unless we break out before that, which is possible. Mentally I'm feeling OK. There is not much time left on the September options. We have been higher in the first 2 weeks. That sometimes reverses in the last 2 weeks. However the summation index continues higher and that is hard to fight. I might possibly put in an order for OEX puts overnight. We'll see. Perhaps waiting for Monday is the best plan. There's always tomorrow...

No comments: