Pageviews past week

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Dow lost 146 points on heavy volume. Advance/declines were 3 to 1 negative. I must say I was expecting weakness but not like this. The summation index has probably rolled over again. I don't know exactly quite what to make of it. Bond yields rose and there was some negative Bear Stearns chatter. But I'm not sure what is going on yet. I don't expect some big decline here but I could be wrong. Time will tell. GE lost ground on good volume today. If it falls back to the breakout point, I will consider getting the calls for July. Gold lost almost $5 today. The XAU shed over 2 1//2. ABX held up rather well, only down around a quarter. I guess I'm not in a hurry to buy the calls here. I'm thinking at this point that I will go out to August. But I'm not completely sure. Mentally I'm doing OK but I am surprised by todays very negative action. There is perhaps a bigger double top forming in the indices. It's just too early to call at this point. I'm really looking for prices to hit new highs this summer. But I could be wrong and usually am. We'll have to see what kind of follow through we get tomorrow. And here I thought the summer doldrums had started...

No comments: