Pageviews past week

Thursday, June 14, 2007

The rally continued today with the Dow up 71 points. Advance/declines were about 2 to 1 positive but the volume was light. Producer prices came in a bit higher then expected but it didn't faze the market. Consumer prices tomorrow. I did want to get some OEX puts for the CPI tomorrow but the risk is way too much. I will just have to be patient and wait for a decent signal. I had my chances this cycle, just did not exploit them. Gold was up $3 and the XAU rose a point and three quarters. Again, mainly due to FCX. The dollar didn't do much today. There isn't a buy signal on the gold shares and it looks like it could be a while before there is one. Mentally I'm feeling good. Even though I didn't make any trades this option cycle, my thinking was in the right direction. I have to continue doing the work and keeping an eye on things. I feel good going forward. My next trade that I'm thinking about will be GE calls for July. I think the overall market is going to head higher and GE will go along for the ride. I do feel the market will take a rest next week and perhaps I will be able to purchase the calls then. We'll see. It also looks right now that we will hit new highs for the indices over the summer. The summation index has not turned around yet but I believe it will shortly. Also interest rates have spiked higher here lately and that is not sustainable. So as rates come down a touch the market will begin its summer rally. That is my guess today, as always subject to change as market events unfold.

No comments: