Pageviews past week

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Dow soared 187 points today on good volume. Advance/declines were 4 to 1 positive. It was an up day from the start. I didn't get any OEX calls since there was not any weakness early or after the Fed minutes. The Fed said all the right things in its release and the market took off. Producer prices tomorrow and I would expect the market to continue higher. It's the consumer prices that I'm not sure about. I doubt that I will be making any trades with just 2 days left in the cycle. I will say that I think the decline is over for now. We may drift lower next week but that's my idea at the moment. The McClellan oscillator got way oversold again yesterday and we are bouncing. We also stopped at the 50 day moving average. We'll see. Gold was little changed but the XAU gained almost 2 points, mainly due to FCX. No trades there for now. The US dollar got to 83 today and that was my target. It is right at a multi-week down trend line that has been in effect a long time. There is a chance we could go to 84 but that would be it. With bonds very oversold here it would not be a surprise for the dollar to stall here. But that is just a guess. Mentally I'm a bit tired. But I'm feeling good about what the market is doing here and I think I'm kind of getting a handle on it. I'm now looking to July calls for the next trade. Perhaps GE but I will look things over this weekend. That could all change if we get some high inflation numbers in the next 2 days. I'm guessing Friday, if at all. We'll see if we get some follow through to todays big move...

No comments: