Pageviews past week

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The Dow rose 90 points today on heavy volume. Advance/declines were 3 to 1 positive. The Fed announcement is actually tomorrow. It's not usually on Thursday. We have broken the downtrend line that has ruled the indices today. Tomorrow is important. If we follow through to the upside , then I think the downtrend is over. The double top theory will be wrong. But if we head back down strongly, the double top theory probably will work. That's my guess at this point. Gold was little changed but the XAU rose over 2 points today. ABX was up about a half on good volume. It, along with the other gold shares, opened lower and finished higher for a one day reversal. I did have an order in for some ABX August calls but it wasn't filled. I'm leaving it open in hopes of getting filled. I'm looking for a bottom to form here in ABX and hopefully that will take a few days and it will move sideways. Perhaps the low was put in today. Time will tell but this is a trade that I'd like to try. GE was lower all day and closed about unchanged. I might try the July calls here if we test $37.50. We almost got there today but didn't. There is still a lot of premium in these option for July, probably because the earnings will be announced during this cycle. I'm keeping an eye on it. Mentally I did not get a great nights sleep but I'm feeling OK. We are at what I think is an important juncture right now. If the market holds here, then I will be back in the camp that we hit new highs this summer. If we roll over again now then I'll be a double top believer. We'll see...

No comments: