Pageviews past week

Thursday, October 13, 2005

The Dow was basically unchanged today on good volume. Advance/declines were almost 2 to 1 negative though. We are extremely oversold. The calls I purchased are losing money. I expect a snapback but there is a chance this whole thing could collapse also. Tomorrow is important. GE announces its earnings and there is an inflation report. I expect anything at this point. I will get the hell out of these OEX calls if I get a chance. I will also exit the October GE calls if I can. When the indicators say one thing and the market does another then I have nothing to go on that is legit. I need to recognize this tomorrow and act accordingly. Gold did not move but the XAU was down big at one point but came back to cut its losses. I think it is a function of the Refco firm having trouble and hedge fund liquidation to meet cash calls. I will get long gold when it gets to the trendline, either for November or December. But right now the focus has to be on GE and the overall market. Mentally I'm a little tired and worried about a lack of a bounce here. My mind is focused and I will be up early tomorrow but the market will do what it wants. Interesting day ahead. Could be really good or a disaster. All eyes on GE.

No comments: