Pageviews past week

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

We got a bounce today but finished off the highs as the Dow gained 89 points on light volume. The advance/declines were about 4 to 1 positive. I'm not convinced that this is anything but a bounce due to the light volume. But I could be wrong. We're still oversold in the short term for the stock indexes. The McClellan oscillator is bouncing as well. Tomorrow could tell a lot, one way or another. We haven't been as oversold on the stock indices since November. However if this is going to be a multi-week affair to the downside, the oversold condition will persist. It's really anybodies guess. GE was up 1/4 on light volume. The April calls I bought yesterday are slightly in the red. They were back at break even early in the session. This is a trade that I do not want to hold into the earnings report next week. I'll have to see how we open tomorrow and go from there. Gold was flat on the day and the US dollar was off a bit. The XAU fell 2 3/4. ABX off 3/8, GG down 7/8 and NEM lost a buck. Volume was light. My open order for the ABX May calls wasn't filled and I have left it in place. No interest in the gold shares today. I'm still probably going to try this trade if we see some weakness tomorrow. Mentally I'm feeling OK. Inflation data on tap for the next couple of days. I'm going to have to do something with the GE trade by the end of this week or I'll be holding it longer than I want. Hopefully if it moves into a profit tomorrow, I'll dump it. I'll be keeping an eye on gold overnight and be ready for the gold share calls tomorrow on any weakness.

No comments: