Pageviews past week

Monday, April 02, 2012

The Dow started off the shortened holiday week with a gain of 52 points on light volume. The advance/declines were about 3 to 1 positive. No news to speak of today. The technicals are still overbought for the stock indexes. However I'm still looking for higher prices going forward. I suppose we'll simply wait for the employment report on Friday although the markets are closed that day. Could be interesting. GE was off a touch on light volume. I'm waiting on the May calls there to get to a price that I'm willing to pay. Gold was up around $7 on the futures as the US dollar was lower. The XAU gained 3 1/2. ABX up 3/4, GG rose a buck and NEM added 7/8. Light volume here. My ABX calls are still in the black but the option premium is not moving as much as I would like or expect. Perhaps this is simply a case of it being a holiday week and the major players have found other ways to occupy their time. That's a guess as usual. The technicals have turned to the upside for the gold shares and that's a positive going forward. I'd still like to try the May gold share calls if the opportunity presents itself. I'm holding the April ABX calls for now but may simply dump them this week. Mentally I'm feeling OK, slept well enough. Perhaps todays market action will turn the summation index back to the upside. The positive beginning of the month money flows should stave off any major decline this week but you never know. We've got the Fed beige book tomorrow but the last time we got this, it was a non event. The Gold/XAU ratio is still in the buy zone but it has been for weeks. I'll be watching how the ABX calls move and take it from there.

No comments: