Pageviews past week

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

The Dow continued higher today but without a lot of conviction. The most watched index rose 21 points on light volume. The advance/declines were about even. We're probably in a wait and see mode until the employment report on Friday. Overbought and staying there. The summation index continues higher. GE was up an 1/8 or so on light volume. I don't know how much longer I'm going to hold on to the GE calls. Overbought on a daily and weekly basis. Possible negative divergence on the daily RSI. Gold continued higher, up a dozen points despite a higher US dollar. The XAU was flat. ABX up 3/4, GG off 1/3 and NEM down 1/8. Volume was light, with the exception of ABX. ABX has been the leader here to the upside. I still might try the calls there if we get some pullback. Not extremely overbought yet. Mentally I'm feeling tired, did not sleep well. Not a lot of action in the stock indices today. The overseas markets were generally weaker but the Dow was resilient. That has been the case lately. We'll see how long that lasts. Gold has had a nice bounce and I still think we could move higher. Need some weakness there to get long. I expect tomorrow to be a non-event in the markets. I've been wrong before and often as well.

No comments: