Pageviews past week

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Another attempt at a one day reversal as the Dow opened higher and closed lower. The Dow fell 20 points on average volume. The advance/declines were positive. We are moving to short term oversold and I would expect a move higher in the stock indices tomorrow or the next day. We also have the positive beginning of the month money flows to bolster the short term bullish case. We've been kind of moving sideways for a week and a half. I expect a positive resolution to the recent indecision. GE fell almost 1/4 on average volume. The Bollinger bands on the daily charts are contracting here. This implies a big move one way or the other soon for GE. I have no idea in which direction. I would still like to get the March calls for GE at some point. We'll see. Gold gained $6 on the futures despite the US dollar being a bit higher today. The XAU was flat. ABX, GG and NEM had fractional moves one way or the other on light volume. I still have in the open order for the ABX February calls. I'm not sure how long I'll leave this order in. However, I'm still a believer in higher prices for the gold shares before the February option expiration. Mentally I'm feeling OK, slept well enough. Seems like we're in a short term holding pattern for the stock indexes here. It should be resolved by Friday at the latest. That's when we'll get the employment report. Gold is overbought and staying there but I still think we've got more room to the upside. We'll see how February starts tomorrow.

No comments: