Pageviews past week

Monday, January 23, 2012

A quiet start to the week as the Dow lost 11 points today on light volume. The advance/declines were positive. Nothing new to report really. We've got the Fed this week and that may be the highlight. Still overbought and I'm looking for some type of pullback this week. But we'll need a catalyst for that and I have no idea what that will be. So we wait. GE lost about 1/4 on light volume. No trades there in the near future. Gold continued higher, up about $14 on the futures. The US dollar was weaker today as the euro has begun to move higher. The XAU was up 3 points. ABX gained 1 1/8, GG rose 3/8 and NEM was flat. Volume was average. I'm looking to get long the gold share calls this week on weakness if it happens. May be too late already. The gold share calls are oversold on the technicals. We don't have the Gold/XAU buy signal just yet. If and when that signal occurs we will have a decent risk/reward to put on that trade. I'm looking at the February ABX or GG calls. ABX has shown the best relative strength lately. We'll see. Mentally I'm feeling OK. A new option cycle started today so the premiums are higher than I'd like. That said, if a trade looks good this week I'm going to give it a shot. Tomorrow could be another waiting on the Fed day. More economic data out later this week. I'll try and be patient here on the gold share calls because gold itself is pretty overbought. Gold is also approaching a downtrend line that could prove to be resistance. We'll watch what happens overseas tonight and go from there.

No comments: