Pageviews past week

Wednesday, December 07, 2011

The Dow continues moving higher as it continues to be overbought. We gained 46 points on the most widely watched stock index today on average volume. The advance/declines were positive. The overall market was weaker than the Dow once again. We sold off in the morning but the market just keeps chugging higher. There was news of yet another European bailout late in the session. I still think we need some pullback or consolidation but what do I know? Summation index is heading higher. Another European summit meeting on Friday, so that will be the market mover in a couple of days. GE was flat on the day with good volume. The GE calls are still profitable and there's still plenty of time to go. Gold gained around $13 today as the US dollar was flat on the day. The XAU was up 1/8. ABX was flat on the day, GG lost 1/8, while NEM was up 1/2. Volume was light. I thought about getting the ABX calls today. However we are mid range the technical indicators, with no actual buy or sell signal. There isn't a solid signal from the Gold/XAU ratio either. I would like to do this trade but it is probably better to wait. I could be wrong and often am. Mentally I'm feeling OK, slept well enough. 7 days left in the December option cycle and we are still in a headline driven market. I suppose the best course of action here would be to let Fridays European announcement happen and gauge the markets reaction. I'm still looking for some weakness before we head higher near term. I know that it sounds like a broken record but that is what the technicals look like to me at the moment. I'm going to wait on the gold share trade here and that might not be the right move either. Obviously I don't have a good handle on what is going on at the moment.

No comments: