Pageviews past week

Monday, December 05, 2011

Not sure what to make of todays action as the Dow gained 78 points on average volume. The advance/declines were about 4 to 1 positive. We were up about twice as high during the session. I would expect some type of pull back or consolidation here as we are short term overbought. However medium term I'm looking for higher stock prices and should plan my trades accordingly. Sounds good in theory. Not a lot of economic data this week so the headlines from Europe will drive the action. GE was up 1/4 on average volume. I'm still holding on to the GE calls and they're still in the black. Plenty of time left on this trade. Gold lost $16 on the futures and another $10 in the aftermarket. The US dollar lost ground as well. Perhaps the flight to safety trade is being taken off. That's a guess as usual. The XAU fell 7/8. ABX and NEM dropped around 3/4 and GG lost 1/3. Volume was light. I still would like to try the gold share calls for January at some point. However we aren't oversold here yet. So I'll try and be patient here. Mentally I'm feeling OK, could have slept better. The week has started off to the upside and we'll just have to see how long that will continue. Waiting on news from Europe later in the week. Gold was down today and the daily technicals are rolling over. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: