Pageviews past week

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

We were negative for most of the day but came back by the close to finish with a gain of 4 points on the Dow. The advance/declines were positive and the volume was light. Today the headlines out of Europe weren't viewed as favorable, hence the weakness. So back and forth we go. I still feel that higher stock index prices are in the future, with the future being the next few months. The smaller stocks didn't do well today and they are usually the leaders at this time of the year. On the other side of the coin, the transports are just about to break their overhead resistance. If that happens it will be bullish for the overall market. GE continues to show incredible relative strength in my opinion, up 3/8 today on good volume. And I'm not just saying that because I own some GE calls. GE could be a harbinger of better stock prices going forward as well. Still very overbought here short term. We are approaching the price target that I had in mind for this trade. May have to readjust expectations. The calls I have are still in the black. Gold was down $4 on the futures today. The US dollar was a bit higher. The XAU was flat. The gold shares were mixed, with ABX and NEM showing fractional gains. GG lost 2/3. Volume was light. I'm still trying not to put on a trade here yet. I'm waiting for the signal from the Gold/XAU ratio, if it happens. Plenty of time in the January option cycle with the extra week tacked on. There are 3 days off for holidays though. Mentally I'm feeling tired, did not sleep enough. I would expect some drift here for the rest of the week as we approach the Christmas holiday. It's a time to be patient in my opinion.

No comments: