Pageviews past week

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The 3 day rally paused today as the Dow lost 18 points on light volume. Advance/declines were negative. Where we go from here is important. I'd like to see some type of decline in the next couple of days to establish a long position. However if we simply continue higher from here, it might mean that the market is stronger than anticipated. We'll see. GE dropped 1/4 on light volume. I'm looking for sideways price action here. Gold was flat today. The XAU gained 1 1/8. ABX and GG were flat on light volume. NEM gained 1 1/2 on better volume. The dollar was flat as well. If we see some weakness in the gold shares, I'm going to be a buyer of some calls. This week or next. The technicals here are mixed so if we see some decline the gold shares will return to oversold. Wishful thinking possibly but that is the game plan for now. Subject to change of course. Mentally I'm feeling OK. Biding my time here for now. Sometimes being patient is the most difficult thing to do but it is important. My feeling is that the events that drove the market south have dissipated for now. That could allow for a rally in the April option cycle. That's my best guess at the moment.

No comments: