Pageviews past week

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The rally will never end at this rate as the Dow gained another 68 points today. Volume was average and the advance/declines were positive. We sold off during the day and came all the back and then some. The OEX puts I bought yesterday are in the red. We are so overbought now that I can't imagine going that much higher here without some type of pullback but the market will do whatever it takes to make the majority wrong. Am I in the majority? Maybe. Gold was off a touch and the XAU fell about a point. ABX, GG and NEM were little changed on average volume. I guess I'll call it average for now because it has been light all the way on this up move and that could be the new average. I don't know. The gold shares tried to sell off today as well and came back too. Mentally I'm doing OK, finally got a good nights sleep. It looks like I'm in another losing trade here. Now really, what was I thinking? An extra week in the August option cycle and I'm buying them right in the beginning. The signal was there and it isn't working yet. We are way overbought and at long term resistance. I cannot believe that we are not about to get some type of drop here. So we'll see what happens.

No comments: