Pageviews past week

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

No summer doldrums today as the Dow lost 161 points on average volume. Advance/declines were around 4 to 1 negative. We are at the moment of truth here with the S&P 500 trying to hold what I consider key support at 880. The summation index is pointing down. Tomorrow could be interesting. I don't think that I'll be putting on any OEX trades but who knows? Gold was up $4 but sold off a bit in the aftermarket. The XAU lost 3/4, which wasn't too bad considering the negative day in equities. ABX was off 1/3, while GG and NEM were little changed. Volume was light. I would like to wait for the September options to come on board but that is a week and a half away. Just about oversold in the gold shares though. Sometimes patience is the hardest thing to do. Mentally I'm feeling alright, could have slept more. I'm going to try and not do anything stupid here but you never know. If we don't hold up here at 880 on the S&P, we will be going much lower in my opinion. But it hasn't broken down yet. So I'll watch and wait.

No comments: