Pageviews past week

Monday, July 20, 2009

The rally continues as the Dow gained 104 points on average volume. Advance/declines were 3 to 1 positive. We are short term overbought and will be medium term also after tomorrow. I bought some OEX puts near the close today. I'm expecting a pull back here and it could be pretty good but it's a one to two day trade with potential of 20% to 30%. When I got a signal last week on the upside I didn't do anything. Now there is an opposite signal and I'm going for it. I hopefully have the discipline to get out. We'll see. Gold had another good day as the dollar weakened and was up $11. ABX, GG and NEM were all a buck higher on light volume. The gold shares are looking good, no doubt about that. The only fly in the ointment has been the volume but it is summer. You cannot deny the price action though and it has been substantial. I still regret missing the move but if we get a pullback, who knows? Mentally I am extremely tired, have not been sleeping well and very busy outside of the markets. It is summer and I really need to get back into the swing of things. The doldrums I had been anticipating are not happening. I hope todays trade wasn't some kind of dumb idea just because I've been hanging around with a hedge fund manager all weekend. Not to mention I'm overly tired. So we'll see what happens.

No comments: