Pageviews past week

Monday, July 13, 2009

It was a good day for the market as the Dow gained 185 points on light volume. Advance/declines were 4 to 1 positive. It was a one day reversal to the upside as we opened lower and closed higher. It looks as though the 880 level on the S&P 500 will hold for now. We broke through and did not collapse. Now we are comfortably back above that level. This morning would have been a good time to purchase some OEX calls. But my mind was in summer mode. Another opportunity missed. Gold was up $10 on the futures. The XAU was higher by 2 1/4. ABX, GG and NEM all had fractional gains to the upside and closed near their highs. Volume was average for lately. On day reversals here as well as the gold shares were much lower early and came all the way back. Probably would have been a good day to get some calls here too. But who knows? The gold shares could have done better with a $10 move in gold. I'm going to wait for the September calls to come out. Mentally I'm a bit tired as I did not sleep well. So we had a good day to the upside today and there are plenty of earnings to contend with this week. I wasn't properly prepared for todays action and I think it was a result of having such a bad first half of the year. Confidence is everything. Mine is lacking at the moment. We'll have to see where we go into the expiration. I don't think this is the beginning of another long term rally but I could be wrong and often am.

No comments: