Pageviews past week

Monday, August 25, 2008

A downer Monday as the Dow lost 242 on very light volume. Advance/declines were over 3 to 1 negative. No buyers today and a thin market. The summer doldrums did not appear this year. Where we go from here is anybodies guess. It's a tough trading environment. No trades in the OEX on the horizon for now. Gold lost around 8 bucks on the futures. The XAU dropped around 1 3/4. ABX, GG and NEM all had fractional losses on light volume. I still like the volume pattern in the gold shares but that could change overnight. GG calls still in the black. I'm going to try and wait for the stochastic to reach overbought territory. That is the plan. It may roll over before we get there though. It's never easy. GE lost 80 cents on light volume. Nothing doing there for now. Mentally I'm a bit tired, did not sleep well. I was hoping for a slow week but that doesn't seem to be the case with todays action, price wise. A lot of people will be on vacation this week so I don't really know how much weight you can put on the moves. I would not expect a complete collapse here but you never know. I doubt it but that doesn't mean anything. I'm going to try and stick to the plan with regards to the GG call trade but I'm ready to get out if that's what the market is saying. So we'll see what happens.

No comments: