Pageviews past week

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Continuing to the downside as the Dow lost 109 points on average volume. Advance/declines were negative. The Dow was weaker than the overall market. We also came down and touched the near term up trend line and bounced off. So we need to hold on here or the trend will change. Gold came back to the upside by $16 and continues higher in the after market. The XAU gained 8 1/4. ABX, GG and NEM were all higher by 1 3/4 on heavy volume. I'll say that the bottom is on for the gold shares. None of my calls were filled. That's usually the case when the trades are going to work. I suppose I should have made adjustments but it's early for the move. I'll look to get long as we work our way back to test the lows, if that occurs. Oil was higher today too. Another missed opportunity in gold but it's part of the game. GE lost 40 cents on light volume. It lends support to the theory that the decline here isn't going to last. But we'll see. Mentally I'm feeling OK, didn't sleep all that well. So where do we go from here? I will look to get some OEX puts when we get to 620 on the index. It could take a few weeks or it may not happen at all. I will look to get some ABX or GG calls on a retest of the recent lows. So there's a couple of ideas in the works. I'm not saying that I won't change my mind depending on market circumstances. September has an extra week on the option cycle so there's no hurry. We'll see how we close out expiration week.

No comments: