Pageviews past week

Friday, August 15, 2008

A somewhat mild expiration as the Dow gained 44 points on light volume. Advance/declines were about even. It finally felt like a Friday in the summer. OEX at 599 and no trades on the horizon there. I really think we will slow down until after Labor day. But I could be wrong. Gold continues its free fall, down another 22 bucks. The XAU lost 5 1/4. ABX, GG and NEM were all off 1 1/3 on heavy volume. My overnight order for GG calls was filled. I think I'm a bit early here. There will be a divergence on the RSI if we hold up here but the gold market has the feel of something that wants to continue lower. Perhaps I should have been more patient. I'm out to October so we'll see what happens. I may just sell out and try again at the end of the month. We'll see. GE was up 1/3 on light volume. Mentally I'm doing OK, did not sleep that well. Well, I'm back in another trade and it feels a bit too early. But the timing is never exact anyway. The September option cycle has an extra week so that should keep the premiums a bit higher. Not a lot of data out next week so it could be pretty slow. The volume selling gold has been pretty heavy and I'm wondering how long that can last. Usually longer than you think. The macro picture has changed there also with the recent dollar strength. So why even try the calls? You've got to go against the grain sometimes. The dollar has already rallied. When everyone knows about it, it's too late. When nobody wants something is when you have to want it. So we'll see what happens. I'll be checking the charts over the weekend. For now though, it's time for a break.

No comments: