Pageviews past week

Monday, August 18, 2008

It was a downer Monday as the Dow lost 180 points. Advance/declines were over 2 to 1 negative and the volume was light. Expiration hangover? Could be. We are back at the multi-week up trend line so we need to hold here or things change. Inflation data out tomorrow but like I said before, it's a slow week for data. Gold had a nice bounce, up $13 but the gold shares didn't follow. The XAU was up only 2 points. ABX, GG and NEM had gains between 1/2 and 3/4. Volume was good for a summer Monday though. MY GG calls are where I bought them. I still think I am a bit early there. The dollar didn't do much today. GE lost 40 cents on light volume. Mentally I'm feeling OK, slept pretty good. I think we may be in a for a 2 week lull here. Which makes managing the GG trade slow torture if I'm correct. There's entering the trade, managing the trade and exiting the trade. I would have liked to see the gold shares move much higher today considering the move in the precious metal. That fact that they didn't suggests that a base building period may be upon us. Or maybe it's just a rest from the recent collapse. Time will tell. I'm out to October but there will be time decay regardless. Looking at things over the weekend makes me think that I'm early there. So we'll see. I'm still going to wait for the OEX to hit 620 to short it, if we get there. Holding up right here is key.

No comments: