Pageviews past week

Monday, February 13, 2006

The Dow lost 26 points today on light volume. Advance/declines were negative. My OEX puts are right about where I bought them and I am getting extremely worried about this trade. We were down over 60 points and came back in the last hour. That isn't good for the short side. The call/put ration was bearish. That isn't good short term either. I've got to see some downside tomorrow but I don't know if it will come. Perhaps we will go sideways into the expiration. Maybe the volume had to do with the blizzard over the weekend. I don't know. I have a stop-loss order in but I would like to make some money. The summation index is pointing down and the weekly charts are bearish. I don't know if it's enough to save this trade though. Gold got killed again and the XAU was down over 3 points and has broken all support. I need to check the trendline on a weekly basis. We could be there. Mentally I'm tired because I haven't felt too well the past day or so. Just took a hike but the markets loom large. The new Fed president is speaking on Wednesday and Thursday. The market could be waiting for that. Not sure where we go but am sticking to the downside for now. We are back at the downtrend line and if it holds all will be well for the shorts. If not, I'll try and switch back to the longside. It ain't easy...

No comments: