Pageviews past week

Thursday, February 09, 2006

The Dow gained 25 points today on average volume. Advance/declines were slightly positive. We were up 80 at one point. We made it to the downtrend line and when we got there I bought some OEX puts. I have a stop-loss order in to cut the loss if we go higher tomorrow from here. The puts are slightly in the black but I don't know about this trade. We need some more positive days before this will work I think. But the market will do what it wants. Intermediate term we are getting oversold so I can't see a lot of downside from here yet. But I do think the lows will be broken, I just don't know when. Tomorrow will be interesting. The trade I missed would have worked out well and I would be out of it today. I lament missing that one. Just didn't feel good about doing it, like I said. Aftermath of the previous bad trade. It doesn't matter now and I need to do the work on this one. We'll see. Gold was up about $14 at on point today but the XAU only gained a couple points. The volume wasn't there either. Perhaps a rest is in order there. I will wait for it to pull back to the uptrend line and get long there. I need to get the chart on a weekly basis. The summation index is still pointing down and that was the basis for this trade. That and the downtrend line in effect. Trade data out tomorrow, could be a market mover. I wouldn't mind seeing a light volume up day. Next week is the key for this one, maybe. Mentally I need some rest and will get to bed early tonight to deal with whatever happens tomorrow. The markets are fickle and we are almost into expiration week. However I think this was the right thing to do and I was waiting for the touch of the downtrend line today. We got it and now the future awaits and what it brings...

No comments: