Pageviews past week

Monday, August 25, 2014

More of the same as the Dow gained 75 points on light volume.  The advance/declines were positive.  The summation index continues to the upside.  Overbought, staying that way and bullishness remains.  There are no sellers.  It's the last week of summer so I would not expect much action.  My over leveraged September puts are losing money.  This idea is a disaster so far.  I don't know what it will take to turn things around.  At some point, I will have to swallow the loss.  GE was up a nickel and the volume was light.  My September GE puts are losers as well.  Nothing new to report here.  Gold was off a bit on the futures while the US dollar continued higher.  There is no resistance for the dollar here and that is not good news for the gold bulls.  The XAU lost 1 1/3.  ABX, GG and NEM all had fractional losses on light volume.  My October ABX calls are losing as well, keeping with the theme of poor trades at the moment.  Mentally I'm feeling OK.  Some economic data out this week.  However the major players are still out for the summer.  We should get things going next week.  Unfortunately this week will suck out some more of the time premium in the option positions.  It is basically a period to sit and wait.  The short term technicals for the stock indices are very overbought.  The medium term indicators are overbought as well.  I do expect some near term pull back but it hasn't happened yet.  We'll see what tomorrow brings.  

No comments: