Pageviews past week

Monday, February 13, 2012

Back to the upside on the Greece bailout today as the Dow rose 72 points on light volume. The advance/declines were 3 to 1 positive. I'm not much of a believer in light volume rallies, especially on a Monday. However later this week, I'm looking for some positive market action in the stock indices. I'm also a believer in the positive expiration bias this week. Plenty of economic data to contend with this week so we'll see what happens. GE was up about 20 cents on light volume. No trades there for now. Gold was flat on the day as the US dollar lost a touch. The XAU fell 7/8. ABX, GG and NEM were all off an 1/8 or so on light volume. I'm still holding the February ABX calls and against my better judgement. Probably should have dumped them this morning. But with the earnings on Thursday there's still a chance that this trade could work out. Another factor for me is that the Gold/XAU ratio is practically at a buy signal again. That doesn't always mean a gold rally is imminent but the odds are better for some upside. So we'll see. I won't be surprised if it a loser though. Mentally I'm feeling tired, did not sleep well. So now Greece is out of the way until the next crisis there but I don't expect any this week. I think we worked off the short term overbought condition on Friday for the stock indices and I expect higher prices by the end of the week. The ABX trade could go either way but it isn't looking good for a profitable ending. But I could be wrong and often am. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: