Pageviews past week

Monday, September 26, 2011

A huge rally to start the week as the Dow gained 272 points on average volume. The advance/declines were about 3 to 1 positive. I'm inclined to believe that this is simply an oversold bounce but you never know. No concrete news to rally on today yet up we went. I'm not going to try and figure it out. The market speaks and we should listen. I still want to own some OEX puts before the employment report at the end of next week. Hard to be patient here but that is what's required. GE was up 1/3 on average volume. The January calls are still what I have in mind here. No hurry to purchase them as I will probably wait until next month. Gold was very volatile today as the futures lost $45 but made a comeback in the aftermarket. Overnight the futures were down twice that much. The dollar was off a bit today. The XAU gained 3 3/4 after being lower early on. ABX up a buck, GG rose 1/2 and NEM led the way higher by 1 1/2. Volume was average. I did place an order for some ABX calls but was not filled. I'm leaving the order in overnight. I'm pretty sure this is where to make the purchase. I would expect things to be choppy for a couple of weeks but I could be wrong. I'm trying the October cycle but may go out to November as time goes on. Mentally I'm feeling tired, did not sleep well. A nice rally out of nowhere today and we should see some follow through in the overseas markets. I'm still a believer in the OEX puts for the October option cycle. My feeling is that gold will hold up here around the $1600 level but I could be wrong. The technicals for the gold shares are oversold here. The ideal situation would be for some base building before we move higher. We'll see.

No comments: