Pageviews past week

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I suppose we know which direction that we are headed now as the Dow lost 283 points on average volume. The advance/declines were 6 to 1 negative. This will turn the summation index back to the downside. The Fed spoke and the market reacted. I don't know if there will be a chance to get any OEX puts on this move. They were expensive before todays move and they are more so now. If we do get one of those one day bounces, that would be the time. My guess is that we are going to take out the lows of August. GE lost 2/3 on better volume. I'm still a believer in the January calls here. I'll be getting them in the next few weeks if the decline proceeds as I expect. We could not make it through the 50 day moving average on the daily charts. Gold fell today as well and the US dollar was higher. The precious metal was down over $20 in the aftermarket. The XAU dropped 6 1/4. ABX off 2/3, GG down 1 1/2 and NEM fell 2 1/4. Volume was average. I'm going to try the October or November calls here at some point. I'm not sure if it will be with ABX or GG. Mentally I'm doing OK. Hard to fault myself for not already owning some puts here as the premiums are so high. But if we just drop like a rock here I certainly won't be happy. I do have some longer term ideas that could work though. Keep an eye on TRAN to see if it breaks the previous lows as it is a leading indicator as of late. Volatility picked up today and we will have to see if that continues as well. I think we are heading much lower in the next few weeks. Puts are in order for the stock indices in my opinion. I could be wrong and often am.

No comments: