Pageviews past week

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Back to the downside today as the Dow lost 180 points on average volume. The advance/declines were 5 to 1 negative. My guess is that the chance to purchase the OEX puts at a reasonable price has passed and we will be heading down from here. Monday and Tuesday were nothing more than a short covering snap back rally in retrospect. I think that we will be taking out the lows of support shortly. I could be wrong. I'd still like to be short ahead of the employment report next Friday. I'm leaving in my open order for the OEX October puts but it probably won't be filled. Perhaps I'll adjust the price. GE was off 1/3 on light volume. I'm expecting the recent lows to be taken out here as well. The game plan is to still get some January calls within the next month or so. Gold fell back $35 today and a bit more in the aftermarket. The US dollar was higher. The XAU dropped 8 7/8. ABX off 1 3/4, GG down 1 3/4 and NEM fell 1 7/8. Getting pretty oversold on the gold shares but the timing here will be the key. I'd still like the November calls at some point. Trying the October cycle here would entail more risk if we get the market selling off more as I expect. Mentally I'm feeling a bit frustrated. That is to be expected when what I was looking for shows up and I don't take advantage of it. I'll just have to take it from here. No hurry to get long at this point, however the gold shares are getting blown out to the downside. I really think we are about to have a precipitous fall in the stock indices. Stay tuned.

No comments: