Pageviews past week

Thursday, September 08, 2011

Back to the downside today as the Dow lost 119 points on average volume. The advance/declines were about 4 to 1 negative. So where do we go from here? I certainly don't know. The case can be made for either direction since we are not overbought or oversold. I will try and not do anything stupid here but you never know. Bernanke blabbed today and tonight we get Obama. I'm favoring the upside here but not enough to take a position. GE lost 1/4 on light volume. I probably won't be trying the September 16 calls here. Too much risk. Gold made a comeback as all sell offs are being bought at the moment. It was up $40 on the futures and more in the aftermarket. The XAU rose 2 1/2. ABX gained 3/4, GG up 3/4 and NEM higher by 1 7/8. This despite the US dollar having another very good day to the upside. The gold shares are very overbought and staying there. I might try something here before expiration but again, the risk is high. The prudent thing to do would be to stay out for September at this point. Mentally I'm feeling OK. Not exactly sure what I'd like to do here but my bias is for higher prices for the stock indices in the short term. That's a guess as always. When in doubt, stay out as the saying goes. Not sure I'm going to do that. One more trading day in the shortened week.

No comments: