Pageviews past week

Monday, May 09, 2011

A quiet Monday as the Dow gained 46 points on light volume. Advance/declines were over 2 to 12 positive. Perhaps this will turn the summation index positive again. I placed an order for some OEX May calls overnight but it wasn't filled. I will possibly attempt this trade again if we get some weakness. GE was flat on light volume. No trades there for the foreseeable future. Gold was up $11 on the futures and that much again in the aftermarket. The XAU rose 4 1/3. ABX gained 7/8, GG added 1 1/3, while NEM tacked on a point. Volume was light. This is an attempt at a bounce in my opinion. This is the bounce that I mistimed last week in the losing ABX trade. Even though ABX rose today, it did not help the calls that I had. I actually did the right thing when dumping them at the close on Friday. Unless we get some sort of rip roaring gold rally from here. I don't expect that to happen. The US dollar was weaker today. I will need to see gold and the gold shares build a base of some sorts here before trying the calls again. Perhaps for June. Mentally I'm feeling OK. 9 days left in the May option cycle. We are not overbought or oversold here on the stock indices. That makes a trade here trickier than usual. My idea at the moment is to buy weakness. We'll see.

No comments: