Pageviews past week

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Dow tried to gain ground today but ended the day with a loss of 25 points. Advance/declines were even and the volume was the usual light. The stock indices are oversold here and a bounce is expected again. No news to speak of today. GE lost 1/4 on light volume. We've broken down on GE and I expect the overall market to follow. We'll see. Gold was up $8 today and the XAU gained 5 points. ABX, GG and NEM all rose around a buck. Volume was light. I canceled my open order for GG June calls. GG has moved off of its oversold condition with todays action. It looks like another missed trade here. The price of the GG options haven't moved that much though. The dollar was weaker today and for once gold was in tandem. Mentally I'm doing OK. The stock indices are oversold. The summation index is heading lower. We have tops beneath tops and lower lows. I could try and play the bounce here but the trend is down. With the dollar and gold holding up well here, I think more downside is expected. Although we might see some upside near term for the stock indices, I don't think any sustainable rallies are imminent. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: