Pageviews past week

Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Dow gained 22 points today on light volume. Advance/declines were negative. We were lower for most of the day and got back into positive territory in the last 2 hours. Still overbought here and I would expect some weakness near term. I just don't know how long that will last if it does occur. I adjusted down the price for the OEX October puts that I have an open order for. Summation index remains to the upside, implying higher prices for the indices. Option expiration tomorrow. Gold was up $5 today and the XAU rose 2 1/2. ABX up 7/8, GG up 1/4, while NEM was flat. Volume was average. My ABX calls are still in the red. I'm thinking that now this may just be a trade to get out of, since my timing wasn't correct on the entry. We'll see. Still 4 weeks to go and gold has broken out to new highs. The dollar lost a bit of ground today and gold reacted as expected for a change. Mentally I'm doing OK. So we'll see what kind of expiration Friday we get. Could be another non event as it has been lately. We still haven't gotten through the resistance at 1130 on the S&P 500 but we are close. If and when that happens the OEX put trade will have to be canceled. However the volume really needs to pick up. It has been light for months and summer is over. We'll see how we close out the week and go from there.

No comments: