Pageviews past week

Wednesday, September 01, 2010

We broke out to the upside today as the Dow gained 255 points on average volume. Advance/declines were 5 to 1 positive. The down trend line in effect since the beginning of August was broken to the upside. My order for the OEX puts was filled and it's a loser. I'll give it until the employment report on Friday but the tide has turned. We may revisit the downtrend line that was just violated and that would give me a chance to get out and cut the loss. Timing is everything and there was a chance that we'd see something like today as I mentioned yesterday. But the song remains the same for me this year. And it hasn't been a good one. Gold lost a couple of bucks even with a weaker dollar. The XAU fell 7/8. ABX fell 1 3/8, GG off 3/4 and NEM dropped a buck. Volume picked up to the downside. The daily charts here have turned bearish. I canceled the open order for the ABX September calls. Perhaps I'll try the October calls when we get another buy signal on the Gold/XAU ratio. But for now I'll have to concern myself with the OEX trade. Mentally I'm feeling a bit tired, could have slept better. So it's another mistake for now with regards to the OEX trade. Could things turn around and make this trade a winner? Perhaps but not off of todays market action. I'll let tomorrow pass and wait for Friday. Unless we get another upside breakout. We are perched at the 50 day moving average on the S&P 500 daily chart. A break through there and this trade will be done.

No comments: