Pageviews past week

Monday, September 13, 2010

The Dow continues higher, up another 81 points today. Advance/declines were over 3 to 1 positive and the volume was average. Summation index continues higher. We are approaching short term overbought here. I expect this week to be positive with the expiration of the September option contracts. That said, I did place an order for some October OEX puts. We are just about at the resistance of 1130 on the S&P 500. It will take an expansion of volume getting through that level to change my mind. That could happen. Gold was flat on the day despite the US dollar getting clobbered. Another divergence between gold and the dollar. ABX dropped 1/2, NEM lost 1/4, while GG was flat. Volume here was very light. The Gold/XAU ratio is nowhere near a buy signal. I'll be on the sidelines here until this indicator provides a buy signal and we are oversold. Mentally I'm doing OK. The stock indices rallied today with the drop in the US dollar. Could this be a sign of things to come? I certainly don't know. However I am sticking with my negative market outlook going forward until proven otherwise. We are still in a trading range and approaching the top of that range. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

No comments: