Pageviews past week

Thursday, September 10, 2009

The market remains in rally mode as the Dow gained 80 points on average volume. Advance/declines were 3 to 1 positive. My OEX puts are dead. Summation index heading higher and the market closed on its high. Overbought and staying there. You can't fight that. Another mistake in trading, perhaps because I had just done a decent trade I hurried into the next one. 6 days to go on these options but I'm not optimistic. Gold was flat today but the XAU rose 5 points. The gold shares had dropped 10% in 2 days. Volatility has returned there. ABX, GG and NEM were all up a buck or more. Volume was extremely heavy in ABX but not much for the others. I suppose that I'll go back to thinking about getting long the gold shares. May have to go out a couple of months though. I don't think it would be prudent to try the September cycle at this point. Mentally I'm a bit tired, did not sleep enough. So we head to the end of the week and I'm in a losing trade that is running out of time. Not the best of situations. I'll have to see how tomorrow unfolds and go from there.

No comments: