Pageviews past week

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Well the decline has begun as the Dow lost 185 points on good volume. Advance/declines were 4 to 1 negative. The summation index is pointing down and any rally can be shorted in my opinion. Perhaps that is what I will wait to do. I expect that we will rally later this week and that could be a place to try the OEX puts again. Unfortunately my previous OEX put orders were not filled. But I get the feeling that there will be another chance during the September option cycle. Gold was up $4 today and the XAU fell 2 1/2. Gold rose despite a good day for the dollar. ABX was up 1/3, GG down 1/3 and NEM was flat. Volume increased, which was interesting considering the results were mixed. I'm leaving in the open order for the ABX calls for now. Todays rise in gold could have been the flight to safety play or the beginning of the month money flow. I'm not exactly sure so caution is the word. Mentally I'm feeling OK. My idea for the OEX was solid and I still feel that there's a play there in a few days to the downside again. I am just about as certain that we will rally before the end of the week. Long weekend coming up as well. But it's only Tuesday. We'll have to see how things unfold from here.

No comments: