Pageviews past week

Monday, September 21, 2009

The Dow lost 41 points today on light volume. Advance/declines were about 2 to 1 negative. No news to speak of really. Waiting for the Fed announcement on Wednesday. No OEX trades on the horizon for me at the moment. I would expect the market to head lower but I've been expecting that for a while. Gold lost $5 today and the XAU dropped 2 points. ABX, GG and NEM all had fractional losses on average volume. They all were off more than a buck early. The dollar gained a bit of ground today. I'd like to get some gold share calls at some point here. Exactly when is the question. A new option cycle has begun so I could just wait it out this week. We'll see. Mentally I'm feeling OK. It's been a pretty slow Monday. The Internet was down here early but I had no open positions, so it wasn't a factor. There is a G-20 meeting this week but those meetings usually have a lot of talk but no real action. I don't expect any revelations from the Fed announcement in a couple of days either. So I guess it's time to be patient and look for something that presents an opportunity. I think it could be in the gold shares if there's a pullback. Time will tell.

No comments: