Pageviews past week

Friday, September 25, 2009

The Dow continued to the downside with a loss of 42 points on average volume today. Advance/declines were negative. We are short term oversold here and I would expect a bounce early next week. It's what happens after that bounce that will determine what we are dealing with here. Summation index to the downside but we will have to see if it sustains that. I think it will. But we'll see. Gold lost $7 today and the XAU fell 2 1/3. ABX and NEM had fractional losses, while GG led the way with a loss of 7/8. Volume was average. Oversold on the gold shares as well but I'd like to wait to get some calls here. I'm looking at the GG calls for October. Might be a tough play though if we really get an overall stock market decline. I'll consider things over the weekend and go from there. Mentally I'm doing OK. I was able to let this week go by and that is a plus. I'll have to check the charts over the weekend and come up with something for next week. Previous declines have been met with sustained buying to new recovery highs for quite some time. We'll have to see if it is different this time. The longer term down trend lines stalled the rally here. Perhaps that is the difference. I think if we get a light volume rally early next week it could be a shorting opportunity. That's why I'm holding off on the gold share calls. We'll have to wait and see how the week unfolds. For now it's a couple of days off to rest and regroup.

No comments: