Pageviews past week

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

The rally continues as the Dow gained 50 points on average volume. Advance/declines were over 2 to 1 positive. My OEX puts are losing money. I canceled the stop loss order and it would not have been hit today. Perhaps my prognosis was wrong, at least that seems to be what the market it saying here. Today was the day to purchase the puts in my opinion and I almost bought some more. But sanity returned and I'm taking enough risk here as it is. Perhaps I should have payed more attention to the move in GE, which sometimes is a leader. It has gone up big for 2 days on heavy volume. We'll see. Gold was down around $3 on the futures and continued lower in the aftermarket. The XAU lost 4 1/2. ABX announced a restructuring deal which will dilute the share price by issuing more stock. It fell 2 1/2 on extremely heavy volume. GG was off 1 1/2 and NEM fell about 3/4. Volatility has returned with a vengeance to gold. I'd be thinking of getting long GG here if I wasn't involved with the OEX trade. Perhaps. The dollar fell again but gold didn't rise so we're getting some crosscurrents here again. Mentally I'm doing OK. It's looking more and more that this OEX trade was not timed properly and it may be prudent to just get out. We are about short term overbought here though. Timing is always key with the indices and I believe that I was a day early. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: