Pageviews past week

Thursday, August 06, 2009

A slight drop today as the Dow lost 25 points. We were lower than that on the day after opening on a positive note. Advance/declines were negative and the volume was pretty good again. That makes 2 days of good volume on the decline. Interesting. The summation index continues higher but as I said yesterday, it's about as high as it goes. The employment report will key tomorrows action and next week we have the Fed. No OEX trades for me at the moment. Gold didn't do much today, down a bit. The XAU was off a touch. ABX, GG and NEM again had fractional moves one way or the other. Volume was light. The dollar gained ground today and the gold shares held up pretty good. That could be bullish. It all depends on how gold reacts to tomorrows developments. I might be convinced to get long the gold shares before the August expiration. We'll see. Mentally I'm feeling OK. I'd really like to put on some type of trade here but I'm not really seeing any decent set-ups. It's a tough game. It's hard to stay out sometimes but it has to be done. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

No comments: