Pageviews past week

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Back to the upside as the Dow gained 120 points on Fed day. Volume was average, while the advance/declines were over 2 to 1 positive. We were up even higher but sold off at the end. The Fed offered no surprises and now that is out of the way. More data to come including inflation numbers on Friday. I still feel the upside is limited here and sideways could be the rule until September. I will purchase some OEX puts if we make a higher high with a lower RSI. Possibly in the beginning of next week but we will have to see what the market does from here. Gold was up $5 on the futures and sold off a touch after the Fed. The XAU was up a point. ABX, GG and NEM had fractional moves on light volume. There is no interest in the gold shares at the moment. My feeling is that could be the case for the rest of the month. I could be wrong. We are getting oversold on the gold shares so I'll keep an eye on them. Mentally I'm doing OK. A bit tired as I did not sleep well. I'm trying to be patient here. If we get a set up for the OEX puts, I'll give it a try. Otherwise it may be prudent to just step aside and let the August option cycle play itself out. Time will tell.

No comments: