Pageviews past week

Friday, August 07, 2009

Back in rally mode for Friday as the Dow gained 113 points on good volume. Advance/declines were around 3 to 1 positive. The employment report wasn't as bad as expected. We were even higher than that earlier in the day. Summation index continues higher but it is about as high as it can go in my opinion. The market will go where it wants. The next event is the Fed announcement on Wednesday. So we'll see. I'm thinking about some OEX puts next week. Gold lost another $3 on the futures and the XAU fell 3 3/4. Considering the strong move in the dollar, gold held up pretty well. ABX, GG and NEM were all off around a buck on light volume. I suppose I'll have to wait for a signal there. I need to check the charts over the weekend. Perhaps the September option cycle will work there for the calls but that's a guess. Mentally I'm feeling OK, slept good enough. So here we are in the beginning of August with an incredible up move for the stock market still going strong. Will there be no summer doldrums? Apparently not. 2 weeks left on this option cycle. I'll ponder things over the weekend and go from there. Perhaps sitting out the August cycle will be the correct path. We'll see. A summer weekend is here. Time to relax.

No comments: