Pageviews past week

Monday, August 17, 2009

A downer Monday as the Dow followed the global markets lower and lost 186 points. Volume was average and the advance/declines were 6 to 1 negative. The summation index has rolled over and the path of least resistance is downward. We are right at support on the S&P 500 at the 980 level. The next level would be in the 950 area if we don't hold up here. My guess is that we will get to 950 sooner or later. I think that it's too late for the August OEX puts. Gold took a hit as well, off $12. The XAU fell 6 3/4. ABX and GG were both off around a buck, while NEM fell over 1 1/2. Volume was light. We are oversold here. I'm thinking of trying the ABX or GG calls for a bounce here this week. It's risky with only 4 days to go but it could be worth the effort. I'll look at things tonight and then decide. The dollar gained ground today as well. So we'll see. I don't have the Gold/XAU signal yet but it may not be far off. When that occurs it will be time to get some longer term gold share calls. I'm keeping an eye on it. Mentally I'm doing OK. Did not feel well last night but all is better today. Once again decisions have to be made and I've got to be up for the challenge. It is expiration week, so anything can happen. Of course staying on the sidelines is always an option. I'll run through things tonight and go from there.

No comments: