Pageviews past week

Friday, August 21, 2009

The Bollinger bands did converge and we got a dramatic move. I thought it would be to the downside but higher we go. The Dow gained 156 points today on good volume. Advance/declines were 4 to 1 positive. The summation index should move back to the upside with todays action. Another up day and we will be short term overbought. I don't think the summation index is about to take off to the upside here and there will be some negative divergences after today. I'm going to think long and hard about getting some OEX puts at the beginning of next week. We'll see. Gold had a good day as well, up $13. The XAU only rose 3 points though. ABX, GG and NEM all had fractional gains to the upside again on light volume. The dollar was weaker today. I canceled my open order for the ABX September calls. I'll have to give gold some thought over the weekend as well. It looks like it is poised to go higher but if we get a drop in the markets, the gold shares will follow. However, it is possible that we will just continue higher and the gold shares along with it too. I don't think that is the scenario that will unfold here but it could. Mentally I'm feeling tired, did not sleep well or long enough. Last week of August coming up. Just how high will we go here? There's a lot to look at over the weekend. You can't argue with price though. I think that I'll be putting on a trade next week. Right now though I'm going to take a break and relax. Summer is almost coming to a close.

No comments: