Pageviews past week

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Continuing lower as the Dow lost 130 points on average volume. Advance/declines were about 3 to 1 negative. A late day comeback mitigated the damage done. Getting short term oversold here. The support at around 880 on the S&P 500 has held for now. I still like the OEX puts if we get a bounce here. But the market may not wait to head lower. Summation index will be back to pointing down here. Plenty of time in the June option cycle but I would have liked to be positioned already. I'm leaving in the OEX put open order. Gold was up $14 and continues higher in the aftermarket. The money is flowing there and you have to respect that. The XAU could only manage 2 points to the upside. ABX up 2/3, GG up 1/4 and NEM gained over a buck. Volume was good again but you have to think these issues need a rest. But who knows? The dollar continues lower, oversold and staying there. I don't think that it's too late for the gold shares but they are extended here. Tough call. Mentally I'm trying not to beat myself up over missing gold again and not getting short yesterday. You do what you can really. I just haven't been quick enough here. I'm working on it. Long weekend approaching so the trading might be light tomorrow. We'll see.

No comments: